The City of Klagenfurt will host a two-day event on e-mobility from 16th to 17th September 2015, where high-profile experts from Austrian and abroad will address the core issues of smart(e) mobility:
- sustainable/long-lasting: How sustainable smart forms of mobility are indeed is proven by life cycle analyses
- multimodal: Distances are travelled using several means and modes of transport
- achievable/affordable: This has already been demonstrated by numerous examples from communities and regions from Oslo to Malta
- rapid/fast: Without waiting time when changing modes of transport touchable: Simple to use and to book along the entire distance via smart phone
- electric: Electric or zero-emission vehicle drive systems
The CEMOBIL project, which is co-funded by the LIFE programme of the European Commission and the klima:aktiv mobil funding programme was launched by the City of Klagenfurt on Lake Wörthersee in September 2010. The project demonstrates that e-mobility does indeed work in European cities such as Klagenfurt on Lake Wörthersee and that effective and sustainable improvement in environmental quality in cities is achievable without imposing undue restraints on individual mobility. At the same time it is demonstrated that a valuable contribution is being made towards climate protection and towards meeting the Kyoto target by ensuring that the electricity required to power e-vehicles comes entirely from renewable sources of energy.
The CIVITAS@Work session in Klagenfurt on the 17th September provides a platform to discuss the topic of e-mobility and will lit diverse aspects on the subject with interesting examples from the CIVITAS Initiative and beyond. The results of the discussion will be presented on the CIVITAS Interactive Platform to stimulate further discourse, even after the session.
Registration is now available and an early bird rate of EUR 90,00 for the CEMOBIL final congress can be granted until 15th July 2015. The CIVITAS@Work session is for free.
For further information on the programme and the registration, please visit the CEMOBIL website.